Hi,
Well, as many of you know I was sighted for many years. the very first
video game I can remember playing was Packman on my Atari 2600 around
1982 or so. I later got several more games from that era such as Demon
Attack, Space Invaders, Missile Command, etc. All the classics in
other words.
Around 1985 or so I got a Colleco for Christmas and started playing
games like Donkey Kong, Mouse Trap, Smirfs, Zaxon, and several other
games I probably don't recall any more.
1987 I had switched  game consoles yet again moving to the Nintendo
Entertainment System.  It pretty much goes without saying I had all
the major games such as Megaman, Mario, Double Dragon, Ninja Turtles,
Castlevania, and several more. In fact, I still have the NES and most
of the games in my living room closet.
By this time in my life I was beginning to have a harder time playing
the games because I couldn't see the tv screen very well. Things were
often blurry, but it didn't stop me from continuing to play.
By the 1990's my next major game console, if you wish to call it that,
was an IBM 486 with 4 MB of ram.  I played various games such as Duke
Nukem, Overkill,  and plenty of games I just don't remember now. I had
several.
In 1996, when I was a senior in high school, I got a new IBM with
Windows 95 on it. About that time there were a number of popular PC
games such as Heroes of Might and Magic, Tomb Raider, Top Gun,  Doom,
Jedi Knight, etc which I played. These were really the last games I
could really play as I really couldn't see them well, and I was using
Jaws 2.0 to access the PC because I couldn't see the words, icons,
etc. It basically was just a mindless mess of blurry colors.
Around 1998 I started looking for accessible games. A friend of mine
in college gave me some of Jim Kitchens self-voicing games. Those
proved to be fun little time waisters, but I wanted something more. So
I kept looking. Eventually, I found GMA's web site with Lonewolf and
Trek 2000 which I purchased right away. About this time Shades of Doom
was in testing, and I recall buying it not long after it came out.
As it happens the GMA Games site had a link to the Audyssey Magazine
list and I joined to find out more about it. After that the rest is
history. I have been floating around in the                     audio games
community
ever since.