I understand your concern as I said. I'm quite sure that had Thomas known the heap of trouble he would be bringing down on himself he might not have taken on this project or, at the very least, he'd have done so with a great deal of reluctance. As for the scrapping of various development plans, part of that of course had to do with how accessible those particular platforms are to a totally blind person. And then of course there are financial considerations. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Serious Mota question

Hi Bryan.

Well, my concern is based on the fact that there seems to have been more than one rewrite involved, not just removal of net and direct X. At one point the game was written with cross platform support in mind, then that was fased out. At one point java was considdered as a developement language, then not.

I'm absolutely Certain Tom is doing all he can to get the game finished, as I said this was really a concern of direction.

if Tom's now just moving into level design and bug fixing, --- which from his news it sounds like he is, until the game is finished, then very good!

I just am a litle worried, sinse Tom seems to have done a lot of redesigning in course of the project, and I hope that's over and done with so that he can do what is hopefully the fun stuff, ---- and maybe then use all these design elements to make developement of his next game (audio castlevania?), be a far less tortuous route.

Beware the Grue!