Yeah. And I bet if you asked them to help you configure a game you were developing to work with JAWS their response would be the same. "JAWS wasn't meant to be used to play games!" or somesuch nonsense. I'll freely admit I use Eloquence more than the other voices I have but only because it has the highest response rate of any synthe I've ever used. I wouldn't bother with it at all but for that. And I absolutely refuse to use it in audio games if I can help it. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] problem with horse racing

Hi Bryan,
Oh, don't get me started on Freedom Scientific tech support. Those
guys are idiots. They have an extremely narrow view of the world
that's for sure.
I remember calling them about wanting to support the Dectalk 5
Software produced by Phonix.  They are like, "Why do you want to do
that? Everybody uses Eloquence. There is no need to support the
Dectalk software. I suggest you use Eloquence instead."
It seams whoever answered my call has a massive shortage of brain
power. Perhaps I wanted to use the Dectalk software because I like it,
because contrary to his view not everybody likes Eloquence, and not
everyone with half a brain wants to use it.  It is very insulting to
call up a tech support person and be told that the company sees my
request as not worth their time.  Then, to suggest that maybe I should
use Eloquence instead because everybody else uses it. That's totally
missing the point of my call.
So I'm sure if I called them about Neospeech Kate or Paul their
response wouldn't be too much different.  They seriously have a bad
attitude about their customers wants, needs,  and opinions.  So Jaws
isn't worth my time, and several others. That is one reason I went to
Window-Eyes several years back.

Smile.