Actually Bryan, having to put a screen reader to sleep while running games or other programs would down right annoy me.

When writing up material for audiogames.net I quite commonly load up a game to check basic info such as keys or main menue options and flick out of the game to write stuff down, then flick back. I also do this frequently when error reporting or testing as well, ---- or indeed when I just feel the need to check my mail and am too lazy to stop playing, ---- say, in the middle of a long entombed game (which obviously I run with sapi).

Maybe I've just become too used to the option, but not having it there would be a major pest.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] problem with horse racing

Exactly. There are, however rare they might be, times when it isn't necessarily practical to put your screenr eader to sleep even while gaming. A game developer testing his product is just a case in point. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>