From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 9:48 PM
To: Gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Where have all the developers gone?

Back when I started looking into audio games in early 2006, it seemed there
were 4 principle developers of big time serious games, and a number of
people who either developed free, random symple stuff or promised and not
delivered.

Gma (my starting point sinse I began with Shades of doom), along with pcs
who I believed at first were basically an extention of Gma (sorry Phil, this
was in the days before sarah).

Vip gameszone (who I bought my second game, galaxy ranger from), bsc, and
Draconis.

I freely admit I was wrong in seeing everyone else as pretty secondary to
these four, sinse this was before Jim released some of his more extensive
games like Win Golf or puppy1, and before I'd played anything Tom had
released.

Nevertheless, it does seem rather weerd now, because even though generally
the hole state of audio games have improved, ---- Entombed, time of
conflict, sound rts, rail racer, sarah etc, etc, it seems mostly by new
people like Che and jason alan.

out of what I used to believe were the big four, only one, --- Gma, have
consistantly developed stuff over the past five years. Though Draconis sold
Sarah, they weren't actually responsable for building the game, and don't
seem to have made major updates sinse 2007, the same can be said of Vip
gameszone, who went quiet after the release of their sports package, ----
quite a shame, as their Lords of the galaxy game rather impressed me, and
with a litle rebalancing and illimination of loop holes could be fantastic.

Then Bsc haven't made any releases in this time, ---- though at least in
their case I do know this is because Justin has a full time job and
children, ---- which is fair enough of course.

It does seem a bit odd though that so many of who I believed originally to
be the major players have gone somewhat silent. ---- Does anyone know what's
going on with the others, or whether there is any further news from justin?

manifestly they're stil around having done vista updates and such, but it
does seem somewhat strange that so many of who I believed were the big
players are now rather silent, and I'd hate to think more developers have
done a bavisoft.

Beware the Grue!