Well, getting into things is a good idea imho if you can be fast, but actually targiting some ships can be quite a challenge indeed, those on the third world for instance (I can't recall their colour sinse synaesthesically all the ships have different colours to me), that move from side to side I find a total pest.

Beware the grue!