Hi,
Right. Medusa would be a rather tricky boss to recreate as she does
have powers beyond her doom gaze that turns people to stone.  It is my
understanding she was fairly skilled at swords and other weapons. Plus
her hair consisted of live snakes. She would be a fairly complex boss
to recreate in a vidio game.
Yes, she has been added to games like Castlevania, but that Medusa
wasn't at all true to form. For one thing she was a real push over and
is one of the miner bosses in the Castlevania games. If I add her at
all to the game she would have to be more realistic which is somewhat
difficult to add seeing is my engine uses a generic AI for enemies.