From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:11 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

Hi,
Actually, if you read the original stories about Pandora it is
actually a clay jar she opens that lets all the evils out into the
world. From some historical things I've read on that particular myth
ancient Greeks would have thought of this as the type of large clay
burial jars they use to keep all of the stuff in the used for
preparing someone for burial. However, somewhere over the centuries
the myth was changed from a clay jar to a wooden box which is the
version most of us know now.

> Hi Brian,
> Yes.  In most versions of the myth, Athena simplywon, and turned Arachne
> into a spider because of her portrail of the gods. I have heard the one
> where Arachne won, though. Athena was apparently so mad she turned Arachne
> into  a spider for losing. I even heard one version of the Pandora myth
that
> says the gods sent her as a punishment for Promethus bringing us fire.
Only