Hi Shaun,
Oh, I don't know. A lot of the newer stuff for Windows 7 simply is not
backwards compatible with Windows XP. That's why Microsoft doesn't
have an upgrade installation that upgrades Windows XP to Windows 7 and
you have to do a complete reinstall. The operating systems are just
too different to make that really possible. Only a certain amount of
things can be upgraded from XP to Windows 7 compatible stuff, and then
it is just not going to be upgraded without a massive rewrite or
upgrade which microsoft won't do obviously. Let's face it, guys,
Windows XP is ancient history. There is a reason Microsoft wants to
begin dropping support for XP and not all of it has to do with money.
It has to do with an operating system that is 9-years old and is
becoming harder and harder to update and support while maintaining
compatibility with their newer Windows releases. Weather youlike
Windows 7 or not that's our future unless you decide to buy a Mac or
go Linux. Windows XP is not going to be around forever.