From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Damien Pendleton
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:18 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tomb Hunter Error

Hi,
I think it's because, like me, some people just don't like change after so
long of getting used to it. It makes some people, including me, feel very
small and intimidated. Even if it is just as accessible, it's not what we
were brought up to use. I also use the classic menus.
If I have been shown something with one interface, and it changes, I either
downgrade again, or stop using it. Of course, some people feel comfortable
with change, think it's the latest and greatest, think that changes are all
for the better, but for example I have been using a computer since the day
Windows 95 came out, so to use a start menu for 15 years, only to be told,
no, you can't have it any more, is, in my opinion, heavily illogical and
arrogant.
If I were going to change the interface of a program, I would do it
throughout my very first betas. Once I had released it officially, the
interface would be exactly how I wanted it and expected people to use it,
and it would stay that way, unless of course I got a majority of complaints
that it was unusable for whatever reason.
That's just my thoughts on the matter.
Regards,
Damien.