From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:47 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tomb Hunter Error

Games are updated and improved through the use of patches instead of
entirely different cores and layouts in a lot of cases, aren't they?  Games,

just like an OS, are software.  Should it be absolutely necessary to buy a
game controller and never use your keyboard again if you want to play the 3D

version of MOTA, merely because it is a better method of game play?, or
should the keyboard still be an option.

Why get rid of something that works for you?  Why should you have to learn
everything new just because it is the latest and greatest acording to the
manufacturer?  Why couldn't they leave the layout and the operation of the
OS the way it was, and just make updates for security improvement?  We
should not have to buy new machines or drives or printers just because the
OS has been totally reworked!  Why should we need more computing power to do

what we once did with less?  Being forced, and that is the key, to make vast

changes that cost a substantial amount of money in order to do what we could

already do, just for the sake of changing to what is new, is stupid and
should not be necessary.  Anything that can be improved through updates
should be updated, not discarded and replaced with something totally
different, especially if older but still perfectly good components will
also, needlessly, have to be discarded and replaced.  If twice as much
processor is needed to do what used to be done with half that much is
needed, what good is that?

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!