Games are updated and improved through the use of patches instead of entirely different cores and layouts in a lot of cases, aren't they? Games, just like an OS, are software. Should it be absolutely necessary to buy a game controller and never use your keyboard again if you want to play the 3D version of MOTA, merely because it is a better method of game play?, or should the keyboard still be an option.

Why get rid of something that works for you? Why should you have to learn everything new just because it is the latest and greatest acording to the manufacturer? Why couldn't they leave the layout and the operation of the OS the way it was, and just make updates for security improvement? We should not have to buy new machines or drives or printers just because the OS has been totally reworked! Why should we need more computing power to do what we once did with less? Being forced, and that is the key, to make vast changes that cost a substantial amount of money in order to do what we could already do, just for the sake of changing to what is new, is stupid and should not be necessary. Anything that can be improved through updates should be updated, not discarded and replaced with something totally different, especially if older but still perfectly good components will also, needlessly, have to be discarded and replaced. If twice as much processor is needed to do what used to be done with half that much is needed, what good is that?

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tomb Hunter Error

Hi,
To be honest that's something I don't quite get about VI computer
users. Just about everyone I've met uses classic start menu this,
classic desktop that, etc. Why in the heck not just use XP with the
default settings? I have ever since XP came out, I have never used the
classic menus etc, and yet just about every VI user out there has his
or her system setup to look like Windows 95/98. I just don't get that
mentality at all. It is backwards to my thinking.
A few have told me quote unquote that is more accessible or so they
have been told. That's just crap in my book. Both classic and XP
defaults are totally accessible so that's not an excuse. So there
really isn't any reason for why everyone wants the classic menus etc.
I just don't get it personally.
Now, that Windows 7 is out and there is no retro classic menus etc
that's the main thing VI computer users are complaining about.  It is
like what's the big deal. I don't have a problem with the new start
menu and actually like it better than the previous start menu setup.
It is actually a bit nicer once you learn where everything is.

Smile.

windows vista was a pile of crap.
win7 is better than vista.
It also put me off windows.
there is no cclassic menu in win7 though so you will have to get used
to a different type of navigation though once you get used to it
aparently you can search for what you want and it comes up.
I still like the old way.