Hi,
Apologies accepted. Believe it or not I do see both sides of the issue
quite well. That's part of what had me so upset with everyone.
I figured dropping DirectSound mid development wouldn't exactly go
over very well with the community and I was right. I understand your
frustration that the panning is less than perfect, and have labored
for days to find a solution to that particular problem. However, it
just felt like you guys who were complaining weren't taking into
account we are dealing with new technologies, and they behave
differently than DirectSound. Plus for those of you who are
Windows-only users the idea of making a game engine that is
cross-platform probably isn't a big deal, but for those Linux users
currently testing beta 14 feel it is a huge selling point. Not the
least is myself who plans to play it on Linux rather than Windows as
well.