Hi Ben,
Yeah, I agree. However, I'm welcome to your suggestions how to fix the
problem. OpenAL doesn't offer 2d panning, and while I suppose it is
possible to write one for OpenAL we are talking about upgrading the
core OpenAL libraries and who knows when those changes would get into
the mainstream Linux releases. Seams to me a lot of work for something
I don't feel is all that necessary in the long run.