For character design I prefer the more...um, I guess deadly is the word, for style. Like Vega and Guile, you know they're not just going to kick you around and walk off, they most likely will kill you if they win- especially Vega lol. And I like characters that can walk out and right away you know they're just raw power- someone like Sagat for example- one look at the guy you know this might hurt something fierce. I tend to stay away from fighters with flashy martial art background/moves- I find alot of them too typical and common. When I play tekken I prefer paul phoenix, Fury and Kazuya- again, the more violent type.