From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:31 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Kinect controls games by voice and jesture

Hi Clement,
Yeah, I've heard that too. You got a point. I know just with the experience
I have had with the Wii-Motes it is darn hard to do anything precise because
the motion sensor in the Wii-Mote usually gives you too much motion or too
little motion. While a cool idea in concept it fails to give you the
precision and reliability of a standard joystick or game pad.
I'm pretty sure this Kinect device by Microsoft will have similar
drawbacks.The article did mention bugs in the system, and I'm pretty sure
one of them is that the Kinect device won't work with  all of the XBox's
flagship titles that need a standard controller. Plus some games just don't
feel right without a game controller for that matter.
For example, you can take any kind of racing game out there you like and it
feels quite natural to use it with a racing wheel. All of the controles like
the wheel, gear shift, breaks, etc feel in a lot of respects like driving a
car. Trying to use motions and gestures to drive a car would frankly be down
right weird and not very intuitive in my opinion.