From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of neoph...@inthecompanyofgrues.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:12 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] New here; saying hello

Hey there, Dark, Ben and Thomas,

Thanks for the welcome.

To be honest, I haven't tried to many audio only games. I'm still trying
to get my head around the different types of screen readers and how they
work. I understand that the software and hardware are separate beasts,
each with their own little ideosyncrasies, but I'm looking to set up a
little e e PC laptop, which runs Linux, as a portable accessibility
machine. If you have any recommendations for rigging that up, I'd love to
hear them.

My real interest has been interactive fiction, although the idea behind
the Eamon games and text-only role playing games interests me, too.
Fallthru sounds good and I hope to check that out soon, but I am
wondering, wouldn't all the strange names for the races and creatures
wreak havoc with your screen reader?

Thanks again for the welcome!

Finally, this question to Tom: you used to run USA games, is that right?
Do you still have a company set up?

Cheers,

Neophyte