Just a lot of gaming experience crammed into 19 years. Been playing games regularly since I was five starting on the SNES, and since then I've gone from everything from final fight up to Super Street Fighter IV and tekken 6. Trust me, that teaches you a lot. lol.

And I think this would be easier than tweeking attack power of the enemies and whatnot. If you can keep them off you, attack power shouldn't need to be tweeked, right? And it wouldn't be hard to come up with imaginative circular attacks. Take that club, for example. Spin around and use your core muscles to swing that thing in real life and you could easily send four people to the hospital, if not straightthe to the grave.

At 07:45 PM 03/11/2010, you wrote:
See Clement? This is why I respect your ideas. In fact if this happens we probably wouldn't even need the laser. I also agree that we'd need more health items. that's actually part of the problem. Items generate at the same rate on any difficulties. Man you're a genius. Hopefully Philip will implement this if gun ends up not being sufficient, which I doubt. We can't make the gun too powerful though, else game will become too easy. lol, I don't envy Philip's programming work right about now... Tweaking must be a tough beast to tame.

To: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game difficulties was Re: best side scroller? -Re:Q9 version 1.2.

Hi Phillip.

Now, I have a question. It seems to me that if you want to balance the game, and if the problem with enemies is that there are too many of them, could you, say, add an attack for the player that his everything on screen and knocks them back to give a bit of breathing room, but costs say a little bit of health? That's what beat em ups used to do, and it works well, IMO. A big attack, but you need to sacrifice some life for it... but that also means health pickups might need to come up more frequently on harder difficulties.