Hi Philip,
Very good points. This has been one of the leading issues with
Mysteries of the Ancients. Some people say it is too hard on beginner
and completely unbeatable on expert. Others say beginner is far too
easy. There are so many variables to take in account it is awefully
difficult to balance it out so everyone finds it both challenging but
not too hard.
Case in point the traps. I myself don't believe in having ledges etc
around the traps as I think that does make it to easy to know when a
chasm, fire pit, lava pit, whatever is coming up. All the same people
have been encurraging me to add more indication to know when a trap
comes up so they can jump it. As of beta 15 I personally find the
traps in MOTA way too easy so they are kind of pointless in my
opinion, but people like them easy. One man's difficult is another
man's easy.