Hi Neophyte,
If you are trying to play I F games using SAPI, you should try to get a decent sounding voice.
The better ones need to be purchased and cost from $35 to $45 US per voice.
You can check out the demos at,
http://www.nextup.com
They carry the A T and T voices. I prefer the Crystal and Mike US English voices. I read a review that said that most sighted players who use voices like Acapela Heather the best which Next up also sells.

A new company, IVONA Text To Speech, has some interesting voices,
http://www.ivona.com/#

sincerely,
Phil