Replay value. I think, "Dang! I blew it! Better try again! Sheesh, I almost beat it! I'm getting there, finally! Ah, success on the easy difficulty! Let's move on to the next level! More frustrating game play, but fun, too! I'll beat it one of these days, then go on to the next level." I never expect to beat a game right away. If I do, that level is too easy for me, and that's what the higher levels are for. Also, once I have mastered the easy difficulties and I'm just in the mood to beat the heck out of a game, I'll play them on the easy levels just to win. If I want a challenge, I'll go higher.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Beta 16 Released!

Hi Charles,

Well, I always use myself as the first and primary tester for
difficulty levels. I figure I can beat it at a certain difficulty
level then so can somebody else once they get enough skill at the
game. If I feel something like expert is too hard to be realistic I
tone it down which is something I plan on doing once I begin tweeking
things. However, just because someone thinks beginner is too difficult
doesn't mean I'm going to tone it down if I have no problem beating
that level.  They will just have to try harder which makes it a better
and more challenging game in the long run.