From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Orin
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 5:04 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Writing with Inform

Hedy all,

Until I can find a "real" programming language that my brain can comprehend
and or find a manual that's easy to understand, Inform is my only option for
now. I really want to go into programming and make it a job though if I'm
having trouble understanding programming manuals it makes such a goal seem
unachieveable. Then, once I manage to formulate these concepts in my head,
how do I make a game out of it and turn it into code and make sounds do what
I want, etc.

However, for those of you who write in Inform, which do you use to write it?
Notepad and or a text editor and then compile it within the Inform program?

Also, even though inform is the simple programming language, what does one
start a game off with. Creating a room? Because I notice at the beginning of
Inform games there's release information and extention inclusions.

Thanks.