what about bgt?
thats not a real language as such but its a scripter for games.
The dotnet stuff should be easyish, empowermentzone has some stuff.
Adrift will also work its menu based.
Not sure about tads.
At 12:03 p.m. 7/12/2010, you wrote:
Hedy all,

Until I can find a "real" programming language that my brain can comprehend and or find a manual that's easy to understand, Inform is my only option for now. I really want to go into programming and make it a job though if I'm having trouble understanding programming manuals it makes such a goal seem unachieveable. Then, once I manage to formulate these concepts in my head, how do I make a game out of it and turn it into code and make sounds do what I want, etc.

However, for those of you who write in Inform, which do you use to write it? Notepad and or a text editor and then compile it within the Inform program?

Also, even though inform is the simple programming language, what does one start a game off with. Creating a room? Because I notice at the beginning of Inform games there's release information and extention inclusions.

Thanks.