Hi Hayden,

There is in fact a preprocessor in AngelScript, the scripting engine that BGT uses. #include is a great example of this. There is also a type of pointer called object handle, but it is a sort of safe pointer that can never point to invalid memory etc. It also has built in garbage collection, something that C++ lacks.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Response From Bavisoft To My Inquiry

Hi,
I might also add that if you want to look into a general Purpose Programming
Language,  that BGT iswritten based off of C++, and while you definitely
need to start with something simpler than said language (or at least that's
what I'd recommend) learning BGT will give you a foundation as to C++-type
syntax and coding conventions. Of course a lot of stuff was left out, such
as namespaces, the preprocessor, pointers etc, but either way...

Best Regards,
Hayden