Hi tiffany,

As far as bavisoft go I really can't blame you, and in fact sad to say I think your making the right decision, though hopefully at least bavisoft will come to the table and help sort this situation out, so your enquirary might have done some good afterall.

for game creation, might i suggest you employ a slightly different approach.

Rather than starting with the "i'm going to make game X" idea, start by looking into learning the programming language you wish to use, perhaps writing some short example games to teach you basic techniques and help your practice, then, start on design.

There is a fantastic tutorial on the page for bgt which goes into many basic principle of programming with bgt itself, which is expressly designed for creating audio games and cuts out many of the less game related details which it is usually necessary to lay as foundations before creating something.

This is just my suggestion based on what I know of programming.

I heard the tutorial, and attempted a short amount of scripting, but decided that trying to write a phd thesis and learn programming at the same time was not a good idea at all, ----- even aside from practicing my singing, being in stage performances, working for audiogames.net, doing tabletop rp and all the other stuff I have going on.

I do intend to come back to game programming later though when perhaps I don't have as many commitments, ----- ie, when my phd is finished.

Beware the grue!