Hi,

Answers below each question for you Tom.

1. As a gamer how important is mouse support to you?
Keyboards feel clunky as input devices, so yup it's pretty important
if the game requires anything more than button pounding.

2. If supported would you consider purchasing a mouse with five or
more buttons for game input?
I would if there was no pad support. TBH, my instinct would likely be
to use a pad before a 5 button mouse if both were supported though.
This is partly because most decent pads have analog input in some form
along with more than 5 buttons, and mostly because I already own
one... did someone say cheapskate?

3. What type of mouse device/devices do you currently own? (Such
answers may include: none, touch pad, USB optical mouse, wireless
optical mouse, PS2 standard mouse, trackball, etc.)
A decent sized touch pad, and a USB optical mouse.

4. How many buttons does your mouse device have? Is it a two button,
three button, five button, or eight button mouse?
Touch pad has two, the USB mouse has 2 plus a scroll wheel which can
be clicked, so 3 I guess.

5. Does your mouse device have a scroll wheel?
Indeed it does.

6. What do you think of the following input commands for a
side-scroller like Mysteries of the Ancients?
Deleted the list for ease of reading, but it looks quite intuitive to
me. Only slight concern would be that, as far as I understand it,
clicking the scroll wheel would be button 3 on my current mouse?
That's never felt like an action that's smooth to pull off. I know
nothing of what's considered to be standard in terms of mouse input,
so if this list is the standard I guess we can put it down to my mouse
being a cheapo.

Hth
Scott