Hi Thomas, find the answers to your questions below.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 10:46 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Mouse Support in Games

Hi everyone,

This is a friendly notice to let everyone know what we are up to, and
to get a little feedback from those customers planning to purchase our
games. At the time being we at USA Games are involved in adding
multiple input devices to the Genesis 3D engine for Windows which will
include keyboard, mouse, and joystick support for all of our up and
coming Windows titles. For that reason we have just spent the past
week adding and debugging mouse support which will be available in
Mysteries of the Ancients beta 17 once we finalize that branch of the
code. Which brings us to some questions about your mouse setup and
thoughts.

1. As a gamer how important is mouse support to you?

I have never really used the mouse in game play. I am generally used to using the keyboard, but I wouldn't mind giving the mouse a try.
2. If supported would you consider purchasing a mouse with five or
more buttons for game input?

I am in two minds. Currently, not many games support the mouse as an input device, so for the most part my mouse would be sitting in a corner doing nothing. However, it can be effective as a joystick or game pad, so I'd have to think about that when the time actually came.
3. What type of mouse device/devices do you currently own? (Such
answers may include: none, touch pad, USB optical mouse, wireless
optical mouse, PS2 standard mouse, trackball, etc.)

Touch pad.
4. How many buttons does your mouse device have? Is it a two button,
three button, five button, or eight button mouse?

Two button.
5. Does your mouse device have a scroll wheel?

No.
6. What do you think of the following input commands for a
side-scroller like Mysteries of the Ancients?

Menu Next: wheel forward
Menu Prier: wheel backward
Menu Select: left button

Climb Down: wheel backward
Climb Up: wheel forward
Jump Left: left button+mouse left
Jump Right: left button+mouse right
Jump Up: left button+mouse forward
Perform Action: middle button
Run Left: right button+mouse left
Run Right: right button+mouse right
Walk Left: mouse left
Walk Right: mouse right

They are very good commands. Again though, not all devices have middle buttons and wheels. It is similar to a problem I had when I downloaded Lighttech Interactive's Bop it Ultimate game when it was first released where the twist it was the right control key. Since my laptop didn't have a right control key I was unable to play it until they released the laptop/desktop layout patch.