Hi Dark,

Very interesting. Generally I've found the same problem. I would
prefer a female Sapi voice, but most of them just strike me as wrong.
Accapela Heather is not bad and AT&T Lorn is okay as well. Some of the
others like Scansoft Samantha just sounds like a stuck up old laidy,
and is a major turn off. Cepstral Dianne is good for reading books,
but some of Cepstral's voices like Amy and Emily are ssimply aweful.
However, more often the male voices like David, Walter, Mike, etc are
okay. I can listen to them all day with no problem.

Cheers!