Hi,

Yeah, the Tank Commander method is probably best. I know that Sarah
has the exact same demo mode in place as well. It lets you play level
1, but at the same time there is a 10 minute time limit on the game.
Usually that's just long enough to really really get into the game,
and then time's up. That's why I eventually broke down and bought it.
I got tired of the timer going off just when things were starting to
get good. Its like reading a good book or watching a television show
and it ends right at the cliff hanger.

Cheers!