I can understand that it is not good to pressure any developer of any game.
But as far as I remember, most of the things with James North happened behind the scenes, so to speak. When the original (his) monti was announced I liked it and when the demo came out, I wanted to try it. There were issues with it of course, but since I knew that it would take a while for the final release to come out, I thought it is best to wait and see. Imagine, how much I actually was confused when the chaos broke out in the audiogames.net forum when it was discovered that he (James North) was done with the original Monti. I don't like it one bit if people want to make me do something quickly, just because they want something faster. And I also don't like people who do cause developers to go never to return. James North's Monti (full version) was supposed to ship on CD, which many audio games do not and it was supposed to have any kind of level editor which was meant to be made available for the users. I don't know how many members of this community know it, but allowing modifications and providing gamers the means to do so, is part of many a mainstream game. All Quake games and all of the Doom series are and where prime examples of that. The only games that are like games of that genre that come to my mind are Shades of Doom, the Sarah game and maybe Monkey Business, since it is a 3d game as well. But none of them is or was a game to be modified in any way by non developers up to now. OK, most of theese games are smaller in comparison to their mainstream counterparts, and mainstream developers do invest more ressources in developing games, because they have more ressources and await more sales than audio games get sold, but that's not to say that we don't have to be less creative, but that can only be achived, if we don't loose the few developers, we have, since our market is significantly smaller...