Hi Dark,

Well, that might be a big part of the problem. The Microsoft help
viewer uses f6 to toggle between left and right pain not control+tab.
Not only that but the edit pain is a MSAA control so any screen reader
that hass MSAA support, which I think all of them do, should be able
to read it just fine. I've never had any issues with Window-Eyes and
the help viewer and chm files myself. Don't know about Hal though.