I must admit I like these to html books and manuals are good with the headings etc.
As long as you don't make those that flashy.
At 11:41 p.m. 16/03/2011, you wrote:
Hi Shaun,

Well, as for myself I prefer html manuals for the simple fact they are
cross-platform and can be read by any html web browser. That's why the
manual for Mysteries of the Ancients is written in html. That said, my
favorit for mat is xml docbook simply because xml was designed from
the beginning to be a highly advanced markup language for documents
like books, manuals, help files, etc that can produce formatted text
as good as if not better than that of word processors like MS Word.

For those of you who don't know on Linux the Gnome help system is
simply a docbook viewer, and the help files themselves are xml docbook
files heavily tagged and linked. I personally find them superior to
the chm format used by Windows, and since xml is similar to html
everything is nicely formatted, linked, and browsing the Gnome help
system is like browsing the web.

Cheers!