Hi Dark,

Well, in my personal opinion sometimes god-moding is unreal so that is
one reason I braught it up. The point I was getting at it is whatever
it is you are doing as a developer weather it is designing a fantacy
weapon, character, or enemy you need to make it plausible/believable.
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I for one
just don't like games that don't act remotely realistically. It is to
my mind cheating.

That said, I also recognize a difference between arcade games and
simulations. Megaman is undoubtedly a classic arcade game so unlimited
ammo etc is perfectly fine in that context since the purpose in those
games is not only to complete the game but to score as high as
possible which requires a bit of unrealism. However, a lot of
non-arcade games like Tomb Raider is more of a simulation. There is no
scoring, and in that case the authors/developers try to make things as
realistic as possible. This to me is a better over all experience
because you don't have unlimited ammo, invincible power ups, etc and
only get by through careful planning and strategy. Not to say Megaman
doesn't have this too, but it is just different and more realistic.

Cheers!