To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Reviewing space in audio

Hi dark.

I have read this with interest. I never quite thought about it in the way
you have described.

The thing is though I'm not entirely sure how you would get around that in
an audio medium. Visually you can judge when you jump and how high you jump.
But without adding extra sound into the mix which could have an impact on
the environment of the game then I don't quite know how 1 would go about
working round this. For example, take an action game, it wouldn't be
possible always to stop, hear a description of how far you would have to
jump to x point so then be able to make that judgement. You would have to
run and jump.

I think that when it comes to audio only games the challenges would have to be significantly different to that of a game that deals with both audio and visual input. For example, you may not have to worry about how far you have
to jump, but when you get to the other side, you could be attacked without
warning that's certainly feasible.