Hi Damien,

Well, what Philip and i are talking about isn't so much the mechanics
of guns, but simple logistics when firing them. If you have a shotgun
or rifle three feet long there is no way on earth you can point it at
a target one feet away because there is not enough room between you
and the target to aim the barel at it. However, if you have something
small like a .38 pistol, then you can walk right up to the enemy and
pop a few rounds into it because that is a very small handgun. I would
think that something like this would be common sense since you would
have to account for the size and length of the gun in question.

And while I'm on the subject this applies in general to any weapon. If
you have a four foot long broadsword you have to have a good three or
four feet between you and the enemy just to account for the length of
the blade.That is not even considering the length of your arms that
adds a couple of extra feet to  your maximum striking range. It is
these details that Philip and I feel are lacking in accessible games
probably because game developers just don't stop to think about them
that much, or they just don't know any different.

Cheers!