what is river raider?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Damien Pendleton" <dam...@x-sight-interactive.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 8:16 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] X-Sight Games - Re: RSGames Client

Hi Shane,
I regret to inform you that the Chopper Challenge game is no longer supported. When we had a few coders over at X-Sight, the code wasn't being synchronised and managed in a controlled manner, causing bugs to crop up here and there where we thought they had previously been fixed. As a result, the coding for Chopper Challenge was more or less completed by one guy with very little input from me. Now he has left I am left with a very buggy source code which I find I can't fix because it is very messy and not commented. Even the segments of code which were mine I was very shocked upon reading it and trying to wade my way through it. This was a project back from the mid 2000's, and I thought it was a bit past its time. If there is popular demand for it then I may consider rewriting it. However, for now, consider Chopper Challenge abandonware. I think now is a good time to say that, unfortunately, Acefire will end up the same way, for the same reasons. For the sort of games I am working on currently, Acefire now seems like a very basic project, almost a beginner's work. A few concepts here and there that made it look advanced, but again, the code is very messy and I have had several bugs reported to me that I cannot find their source. I am currently working on a title which should hopefully keep you on the edge of your seats clinging on for dear life, that's all I'll say for now. Watch out for trailers and other snippets as the game becomes more formed. Also I am working on updating River Raiders, so if you have any suggestions, now's the time to book them through. Grin.
If anyone has any questions, you all know where to find me.
Lastly, for anyone who doesn't yet know. I've set up a discussion forum at X-Sight where you can discuss things. I'll be posting updates and content on there and I'll be taking my blog down soon. It is much easier to interact with a community base through a forum than a blog, in my opinion.
Regards,
Damien.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Lowe" <shanel...@insightbb.com>