Hi Damien,

Well, that works for me. When it comes to somebody just starting to
learn to program its good not to throw too much at them at once.
Although, something like SDL is light years easier than DirectX from a
newby point of view just learning C or C++ is bad enough without
learning the sound, input, and windows APIs too. One thing i like
about BGT it is close enough to C/C++ to give you an idea of what it
is like, but takes all the hard work out of it.

For example, the issue of pointers. Even with something as easy as SDL
with C++ you can't avoid using pointers for sounds, music, etc. You
have to be careful to load them properly, and dispose of them properly
or memory leak/crash city here we come. Newbies don't need to worry
about that just yet.

Cheers!