HI Dark and all,

All you will need for MOTA 3D is a stereo set of headphones. This is
for too reasons. First, as we have discussed on list most people
simply don't have the hardware required to render true 5.1 or 7.1 3d
audio so making that a manditory requirement will hurt sales if the
potential customer doesn't have the necessary hardware. Second, is PB
Streemway, while a nice API, currently doesn't have good 5.1 surround
sound support anyway. It was mmainly designed for 2d stereo panning
and volume. Although, the API does wrap DirectSound's 3d audio I've
found DirectSound 8 and Windows 7 don't work correctly together. For
true 5.1 surround sound support on Windows 7 a developer really should
use XAudio2 which Streemway, at least the version I have, doesn't
support yet.So in the end I decided MOTA 3D 1.0 will simply use a
stereo audio environment using my own custom 3d calculations to fake a
3d audio environment.

Cheers!