Hi Jim,

I don't know the CFL rules either. From what Jason described it sounds
like they are pretty different. Even something simple as three plays
to make a first down instead of the usual 4 in American football could
drastically change the way the game was written. You'd have to write
the game in  such a way that you could toggle this or that rule set
based on league etc. Sounds like a lot of work to me.

Even something like the NFL and college football would be pretty
different over all. Maybe not so much in the way the games are played,
but how you figure the season and instead of something like the Super
bowl you would have to add something like the Rose Bowl. Again not
easy to do considering you have more teams and season standings to
track and so on. It couldn't necessarily be a simple on/off switch.