Can't confirm.
I can use any voice I've tried so far with no problem on either of two windows7 64 bit computers.

Sent with Thunderbird 3.1.9 portable.

On 4/30/2011 10:24 AM, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Philip,

Thanks for the post. What you said makes a lot of sense. I have
discovered myself that when I was using C# .net to write the G3D
engine I had no issues with Sapi at all. Neospeech Kate, Neospeech
Paul, etc worked fine. When I converted it to C++ those voices started
giving me problems. So I agree the problem is most likely do to the
fact we are accessing them directly through the C++ libraries rather
than a strictly com implamentation the way other non-C++ languages
handles Sapi 5.

While we are on the topic of Sapi voices I just discovered something
else that will give you and other gamers something of a headache. I've
found out that Windows 7 64-bit has real troubles with older 32-bit
Sapi 5 voices. The only Sapi voice that is reliable on Windows 7
64-bit is Microsoft Anna 5.4. I think this will possibly present
developers some hastles with Sapi in the future. Can anyone confirm
this issue?

Cheers!