well this will have to change sooner or later.
The companies have till 2020 to do that which is projected win7 lifecycle.
After that no more 32 bit oses.
At 05:53 a.m. 1/05/2011, you wrote:
HI Ron,

Oh, lovely. Although, I'm not surprised. We Linux users are in the
same boat I'm afraid. ESpeak has been upgraded to support 64-bit
Linux, which is good since that's the default TTS Engine used by Orca,
but all of the commercial voices I own like Fonix Dectalk, Cepstral
voices, AT&T Voices, come up with an error and don't work. Cepstral
basically told me its because I was running it on a 64-bit Linux
distribution, and their voices only support 32-bit. Unfortunately, the
same applies to the Windows Sapi 5 versions of the Cepstral voices
which I also own. I asked Cereproc and they gave me the same answer.
Basically, if we are looking at a 64-bit OS and platform we are
screwed when it comes to compatible voices. I think this issue will
dramatically effect engines like BGT and my own G3D since Sapi support
on 64-bit Windows is practically useless right now. Diddo for
Speech-Dispatcher on Linux. I guess the only real long term solution
is to do voice overs since Sapi and Speech-Dispatcher are currently
limited to one or two voices.