Hmmm.
I suppose this game will take me a bit to get used to.
My stratogy has been a bit sloppy.
Usually I have got 2 things to get them to reproduce.
If I can get enough cash, since most missions from 1-4 were for one target, I was basically buying bits and pieces when I was close to a target. Knowing that if I got everything on max they only had to survive for the second it took the mission quest to complete.
Ofcause its harder now.