Actually Tom, i rediscovered rick dangerous recently sinse I found an online version of the original game using flash that I could manage to play, which is why I thought of the game.

Horribly difficult with the instant death traps, but good fun all the same, there's a pretty nice artical on wikipedia about it as well if you want details.

there was also a sequal, but I have never played that.

Glad to hear about the mota harpies, this is actually something I've been thinking now for a while that would be a good addition to mota along with the analogue jumps.

Beware the grue!