To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] pcs games question?

Hi Phil,

Yeah, some kind of remapping would be essential for laptops. The one
you mentioned sounds like a good compromise. I myself am running a
notebook most of the time and the del, insert, home, end, and page
up/down keys are nowhere near each other making Red Dragon impossible
to play on my laptop configuration.

That said, you know what I think would be even better? I think we
should add some sort of custom keyboard profiler that would allow
people to remap the keys. The reason I say that is I've had a few
request over the past couple of years to make some way to map keys as
some people are lefties etc and wwould rather use something like a, s,
d, and w to move around. That makes sense to me and could be
acomplished by remapping j, k, l, and i to the other side of the home
row. What do you think?

Cheers!

Hi Dark,
When we picked that key combination, most keyboards had the six pack right above the arrow keys so you could stab at any of the boxing keys with your
right hand, or left if you moved the keyboard over.
This would be a problem with newer keyboards and laptops or net books as
they don't have the space for the traditional layout.
If a windows conversion was made, we would probably specify the
j, k, l keys for body work, and u, i, o, for head work
and m, and period, for kicking.
Phil