Subject: Re: [Audyssey] disrespect for gamers: was Re: Lunimals version 2.5b
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Date: 09/06/2011 4:40 pm

Hi Charles and all,

the issue has nothing to do with appreciation. I certainly appreciate
all the work Jim does, and like several of his games. Its actually the
fact because I appreciate those games I want to see them improved and
made to meet current development standards and practices. Saying the
games don't work on Windows X so don't upgrade is simply not an answer
for most people. Given a choice I would upgrade and forget about the
games, but it would certainly be better to upgrade and still be able
to play the games too.

In a sense I've already done that. You all know I am running Linux not
Windows on my laptop, and  am currently looking at getting various
games running  under the Windows emulator, wine, and if that doesn't
pan out so be it. I'm not going to cry over not playing various games
I can't take with me. Obviously, though, I want to keep and play as
many games  as I can.

Bottom line, given a choice of buying a new PC with Windos X on it or
sticking with Windows XP for the rest of their life to play Jim's
games isn't a contest. I'd say most people would buy the new PC and
request Jim upgrade his games, but playing his games wouldn't stop
them from upgrading in and of itself.