Hi,

On Fr, Jun 17 2011, Thomas Ward wrote:

> For the short term we have decided to shelve the cross-platform engine
> and game until we get the Windows release of Mysteries of the Ancients
> finished.

This is really a shame. I was really excited after you announced your
cross-platform engine and I enjoyed the MOTA betas that run on
linux. Moreover, the fact that the Linux support gained as much atention
as Windows was just avesome.

Then I've read Thomas' mail about the Linux users which are claimed to
want to get everything for free and now the development of the
cross-platform game is even suspended. Moreover, after the Windows
release, the Mac sems to be the next platform which gets attention, if I
haven't got you wrong. This is really sat for me as a Linux user and I
actually dont understand what's wrong with the Linux version of MOTA as
I found the last betas really awesome and quite playable, also the
panning was fine for me.

Regarding the money: I'm fine with spending money for a game as long it
is natively supported on my platform. If the game is only supported
through Wine  or - even worse - if I would have been forced to run a
virtualized or real Windows to play the game, I most probably would not
buy it.

Anyway, you're doing a great Job Thomas and I'm looking forward to the
cross-platform (and in particular the Linux) release of MOTA.

cheers

  Henning