Hi Charles,

Yeah, it is, but for some reason 2d stereo panning isn't widely
supported with audio APIs any more. Which means I have to go back to
DirectSound for that 2d stereo panning that people want, because
OpenAL and other audio APIs simply do not have that functionality.

Now, for the 3d version of Mysteries of the Ancients it would be
something of a different story. I could use OpenAL which has virtual
3d audio, 5.1 surround sound, etc which is exactly what I want for a
3d FPS game. Which is what OpenAL was designed to do. So perhaps, just
perhaps, when I look at releasing the 3d version I might be able to
build it using the cross-platform engine as panning won't be a major
factor there. the only issue I can think of is getting joysticks and
mice working with SDL. So I'm thinking that cross-platform could be
possible provided we don't need 2d stereo panning but just 5.1
surround sound which OpenAL does very well, and OpenAL is the default
audio library on Mac OS and Linux, and their are versions available
for Windows as well.