Hi Dark,

Yeah. That is exactly why I hate it when they turn a book into a
movie. Some idiot screen writer changes this and that, and eventually
end up screwing it up in some way. Take the HP films. I can't stand
them because Warner Brothers has taken liberties with the story and
they aren't as good as the books in my opinion.

About the worst case of this is the movie It. I've read the book many
many times, practically know it by heart, but the movie is terrible.
They have totally changed the scenes in the movie and rewritten things
their way, and it might as well be someone else's creation instead of
one of Steven King's best sellers, because the book and movie are so
completely different.

Getting back to LOTR though the movies weren't aweful, but I agree
they did change things too much. Starting with the Twin Towers the
screen writers started playing  with the story and ended up messing it
up for us LOTR purests. Why on earth do they have to do that?

Cheers!