From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Kaldobsky
Sent: 15 July 2011 09:40
To: Audyssey
Subject: [Audyssey] Castaways, version 0.9b

Technically, good morning everyone, it's 4:30am for me.  I've just posted
version 0.9b which has a handful of changes and fixes.  For one, thanks to
Dark, doctors should no longer seem so useless.  As it turned out, a typo
caused doctors to sometimes try to cure the same person that was already
being cured by someone else.  Rather than speeding up the healing process,
this just made the repeating doctor useless.

Stocking the ship used to be considered a lower priority by the AI.  The
reason for this, was so that peasants wouldn't carry literally everything
off to the ship, leaving your people with nothing to eat in the tavern!
Clearly, based on posts, this isn't working very well, so I've made stocking
the ship a high priority to the AI.  This should make a considerable
difference, just be ready to use the open and close feature (backspace) if
they start draining your supplies as they stock the ship.

I've included Hatred's building guide within the official castaways zip
file.

Whenever you start a new game, a filed called Messagelog.txt will contain a
copy of the messages that have displayed.  Just in case this ends up being
useful to someone.

Holding Shift, and pressing ` (tilde, next to the number 1 key) will open
the messages menu.  From here, you can cycle through the different job
types, and either mute, or un mute them.  This still needs to be adjusted to
add more customizing, but I want people to give this a try so I can get some
feedback.

Oh yes, and I hid a special message in the game.  Look at the last message
in the "How to play" section.