Very cool.
Thank you for such a wonderful game.
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Castaways, 1 week milestone reached!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Version 1.0b is posted!  I'm running out of time before I head to work, so I
really won't be around in the event that someone
experiences an error.  Let me quickly run you through the basics of it.  Start
a game where you've turned Multiplayer co op
on.  Within 60 seconds you will link up with other people who are playing.  If
someone else is playing, you will see a
message that they washed up on your shore!  This player is now an extra person
able to help out in your settlement, but you
are not allowed to change his, or her, job.

You will have other people to help in your city, and they will have a version
of you in theirs.  This is a very loosely based
multiplayer, but it's the foundation for future features.  As you know, you
begin with a person that has your specific name.
Obviously this person represents you, and this is your link to other players in
multiplayer.  When you change your job, it
will change for other players in their cities.  Try to be something useful, so
that other people are happy to have you, and
not upset that you're doing some job they don't need.

Press ? if you want to chat, but PLEASE! keep in mind that this isn't meant for
the stress of a chat room right now.  Chat a
little, of course, but don't start spamming stuff.  I would also encourage you
to stick to role playing.  If your character
is a rough lumberjack, other players will have far more fun if you speak as if
you are.  Asking questions about the game, or
general off topic chat, will probably take some fun out of the experience for
others, so please keep that to a minimum.

You can still save your game, and any game saved in multiplayer can be loaded
again later.  You don't even have to be playing
on the same difficulty level, so use the extra people to help you succeed ,
when you might otherwise fail.  Have fun, and I
will be anxiously looking forward to being done with work, so I can come back
and play a game with some of you all!  Yay!

If you experience errors, it will be due to files not being registered
correctly.  This would be the same idea as the people
who have to register direct X7.  As I've already said, I can't do anything to
help you right now because I'm heading to work.